B3 T1 Communication Kit
A true noise canceling PTT surveillance kit for use in high ambient noise environments or where isolation of senders voice is critical. This kit comes with a set of professional in ear monitors (Click to see info on MEE Audio M6 Pro) that plug in to a universal 3.5mm receiver, and clothing clips to securely attach the mic. The 3.5mm receiver also allows for the use of individual in ear monitors of your own choosing. The radio interface is a 2 Pin M1 Motorola style.
2) WHY IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER NOISE CANCELLING SURVEILLANCE KITS?- it works! The first understanding for the folks helping us build the T1 was what type of environment the microphone needed to work best. From there we designed the ergonomics, added filtering and had a purpose built microphone for the specific high ambient noise environment live entertainment brings.
3) WILL IT WORK WHEN IT IS QUIET? - yes it will. The key factor is simply having the microphone positioned about a 1/4 inch from your mouth.
4) CAN I USE MY OWN EAR BUDS OR CUSTOM MOLDED IN EARS? - yes you can. It needs to have a 3.5mm male connector. This fits in to the two prong radio interface. The idea was to be able to use the earbuds provided with the kit or your own. You can have more than one type depending on the environment or personal preference.
5) ARE THERE KITS CURRENTLY BEING USED/ - yes. Literally all over the world. The test units and initial sales were to touring security personnel and it has expanded from there.
6) WHAT OTHER TYPES OF ENVIRONMENT ARE THESE USED IN? - anywhere where the ambient noise is not only loud but includes a lot of other human voices - talking, screaming or shouting. Parade routes, political events, concerts, orchestra halls, night clubs, racing events (NASCAR), athletic events, front gate operations, restaurants, conventions and the list goes on.
7) WHERE IS THE UNIT MADE? - like many electronics the units are assembled in Asia. Final testing and packaging is done in the United States. We are reviewing manufacturing options for future models.
8) IS THERE A WARRANTY? – yes’ish. If there is a manufacturing defect or something goes wrong in the first year it will be replaced. We would want to try and troubleshoot depending on what the issue is. Being that the units interface with other electronics we want to try any quick fixes before having you go without a unit for any period of time. Sweat, spit, dust, banging around and general use will, overtime, take its toll on the unit. Amortize the lifetime cost like you would other electronics.